Urban Arts Commission Memphis -- Project Management and Marketing Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Intern will be working with three project managers to assist in multiple projects including a quarterly exhibition at the UAC, developing and researching an artist and neighborhood profile database and creating and archiving a moveable art database. The Intern will gain experience working with artists, stakeholders and community capacity building. They will assist UAC in documenting and cataloging a large public art collection as well as helping UAC meets our strategic goals and advancing our mission.
The Intern should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be self-motivated, basic computer skills, a passion for art, public art and community outreach. Graphic design, social media strategy and curatorial skills will be a bonus.
- Develop and research an artist and neighborhood profile database
- Assist UAC in documenting and cataloging a large public art collection
- Work with project managers at UAC on a quarterly exhibition at the UAC
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Memphis, or live in Memphis.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to A.M. O’Malley-Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.