Shofuso Japanese House and Garden -- Arts Education Marketing Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Art Education Marketing Intern's primary responsibility will be developing, producing and creating content for a short promotional video, as well as other materials, for the Shofuso summer camp. Other duties will include:
- Photographing and taking video of campers and activities
- Interviewing campers on their summer experience
- Editing photos and video for digital display
- Designing a promotional video to be used on the institution’s website and social media presence
- Creating weekly slideshows for parent events
- Writing weekly blog posts on camp activities and Japanese culture with the assistance of program youth
At the end of the program, the intern will have developed a digital portfolio of marketing content. As a small institution with limited staff, the internship will be an invaluable program resource.
Skills: The ideal candidate should have strong photography, video, writing and editing skills. The intern needs to be detail - oriented, self - motivated and with the ability to meet deadlines. He/She should be comfortable working in a fast - paced, partially outdoor environment. Prior work with youth is a plus. The intern will be responsible for the content and technical development of a promotional video that illustrates a day in the life of camp. In addition, they will create audience facing content for parents and the general public in the form of photo slideshow s as well as organizational blog and social media posts.
This position pays $12/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $580 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Philadelphia, or live in Philadelphia.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form. Note: you must make note of which position you're applying to in the application.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email at the bottom of each position description with the subject "Arts Intern 2018 Approved Application"
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Nicole Schaller at firstname.lastname@example.org.