The Sculpture Center -- Videography Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The main project of the Intern will be conducting on-camera interviews of local artists who have been included in past Sculpture Center exhibitions, and hearing about the impact that exhibiting with TSC had on their career. The Intern will condense these interviews into a few small, 1-3 minute videos to be used as promotional materials in the future. However, the Intern will also be a team member of the Sculpture Center, using many facets of their skillset to support the gallery and expand the impact of the Sculpture Center on the Cleveland area. Additionally, the Intern will help conduct outreach for, and document through conducting interviews and filming in the gallery, The Sculpture Center's annual culminating summer community event.
This position is ideal for a film, video, or video art major. Skills required for this internship: a firm grasp of digital video and sound recording and editing; great organizational skills along with attention to detail, and a goal-oriented work ethic. The Intern must be comfortable reaching out to strangers through email, phone calls, and face-to-face encounters, and be a confident in their ability to convince artists to speak freely about their work.
Interns must be able to work Saturday afternoons.
- Conducting community outreach
- Filming, editing, and producing 2 short, 1-3 minute videos pertaining to the Sculpture Center's work
- Learn how to set up and implement an exhibition
- Get a feel for the day to day machinations of a small arts organization
This position pays $12/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $580 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Cleveland, or live within Cleveland or the boundary established by the Inner Ring Suburbs.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form. Note: you must make note of which position you're applying to in the application.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email at the bottom of each position description with the subject "Arts Intern 2018 Approved Application"
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Ann Albano at email@example.com.