The Sculpture Center -- Videography Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Sculpture Center Videography Intern will make two to three short videos (2-3 minutes each) about past exhibiting sculptors and about The Sculpture Center, our founders, and community supporters/stakeholders that can be put on our website and used for marketing and grant applications and reports. The Intern will assist with the installation and deinstallation of the summer group exhibition, After the Pedestal, the 12th exhibition of Small Sculpture from the Region, and fully understand the works of art in the exhibition in order to market it to visitors and in video.
This position is ideal for a film, video, or video art major. Skills required for this internship: a firm grasp of digital video and sound recording and editing; great organizational skills along with attention to detail, and a goal-oriented work ethic. The Intern must be comfortable reaching out to strangers through email, phone calls, and face-to-face encounters, and be a confident in their ability to convince artists to speak freely about their work.
Interns must be able to work Saturday afternoons, with time given off on Mondays.
- Filming, editing, and producing 2-3 short, 2-3 minute videos pertaining to the Sculpture Center's work
- Learn how to set up and implement an exhibition
- Get a feel for the day to day machinations of a small arts organization
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Cleveland, or live within Cleveland or the boundary established by the Inner Ring Suburbs.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Ann Albano at firstname.lastname@example.org.