The Rubin Museum -- School and Family Programs Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Intern will assist in School and Family Programs daily operations including developing lesson plans and curriculum for our K-12 school audience and developing projects for Family Sundays 2019. The student will be able to observe and teach a workshop led for our summer camp as well as helping to develop 1 new workshop with our intern cohort. The Intern will also help to develop online content for School programs that will be resources for educational content for teachers.
- Develop lesson plans and curriculum for the Rubin's educational department
- Observe and teach workshops, as well as develop one's own workshop
- Work with the Education Department to develop online content surrounding the Rubin's collection
This position pays $13/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in New York City, or live in New York City.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2018 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Olivia Buscarino at firstname.lastname@example.org.