The Rubin Museum -- School and Family Programs Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Intern will assist in School and Family Programs daily operations including developing lesson plans and curriculum for our K-12 school audience and developing projects for the Rubin’s Annual Block Party. The Intern will assist the lead Teaching Artist in running the summer teen coding program, Virtual Worlds. The Intern will also help to assist in the planning and running of the bi-monthly Mindfulness for Families program.
- Develop engaging drop-in activities for both youth and adults to be run at the Museum’s Annual Block Party
- Observe and teach workshops, as well as develop one's own workshop for weekly Family Sundays
- Work with Rubin staff to assist in the planning and running of the bi-monthly Mindfulness for Families program
-Assist the lead Teaching Artist in running the summer teen coding program, Virtual Worlds
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in New York City, or live in New York City.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Becky Houran at email@example.com.