RISD Museum -- Family and Teen Programs Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The education intern will be focused on museum programming and evaluation. The will work with education program staff to work on programs that are about long-term and short term methods outreach across different museum audiences. They will be responsible for evaluating and measuring outreach targets and goals, exploring opportunities for different growth and development, examining the relationship between content and its success in outreach as well as program implementation.
The intern will be a critical member of educational department programming in the summer of 2019. They will work in Super Art Sunday, Third Thursdays, the Summer Teen Intensive and the RISD Art Circle. This will include working with staff and artist to plan and execute programming and developing their own program; implement and design process and methods for program evaluation before, during, and after programs; creating and managing communication with program participants.
- Work with the education program staff to develop and work on programs for long and short term outreach
- Work with the educational department to program the Teen Intensive program for Summer 2019
- Develop, execute, and manage Super Arts Sunday, Third Thursdays, the Summer Teen Intensive, and the RISD Art Circle
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college or live within a 35 mile radius of Providence, in the state of Rhode Island.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to email@example.com.