RISD Museum -- Marketing, Development, and Communications Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Marketing, Communications and Development Intern will be tasked with researching the ways in which museums interact with their communities in the post-internet era. Specifically, the intern will develop a strategy for engaging with online communities of artists and students and for translating digital engagement with these communities into long-term patronage.
Responsibilities will include:
- Connecting with local student and artist communities, both in physical spaces and online. How do artists and students get their information? What are they looking to do and how are they finding it?
Research competitor content marketing strategies. How are other museums and arts non-profits leveraging video assets, blog posts, interviews, on-site programming and social media?
Design and implement research-informed interactives and engagement strategies aimed at artists and students on the Museum’s Twitter account.
Qualifications: The successful applicant is comfortable conducting independent research and is capable of organizing and distilling the information into a detailed action plan. They have strong computer, communication, and administrative skills. Comfortable communicating over email, social media, and in person interviews. Interested in the intersection of the digital and physical realms.
This position pays $12/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $580 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college or live within a 35 mile radius of Providence, in the state of Rhode Island.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2018 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.