RISD Museum -- Graphic Design Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Graphic Design Intern will learn how to design experiential graphics from concept to delivery of files for production. The Intern will work with the curators, museum editor, and installation manager to design the graphics for an upcoming exhibition of works on paper while receiving guidance and instruction from the graphic design department. They will be introduced to the systems, tools, and processes the RISD Museum uses and will practice everyday workflow, management, and design strategies.
The intern will:
● Coordinate with stakeholders across the Museum to develop a graphic concept for an exhibition of works on paper being installed in late July
● Create a graphic identity for the exhibition and produce all relevant materials, including title, chat labels, and object labels
● Design and produce promotional materials for fall programs in coordination with educators and marketing staff
● Strong understanding of typography and graphic design fundamentals
● Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
This position pays $12/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $580 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college or live within a 35 mile radius of Providence, in the state of Rhode Island.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2018 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.