Cleveland Print Room -- Development Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Intern will support the Cleveland Print Room’s Development Manager and Executive Director in expanding and diversifying contributed income in order to fulfill the potential in growing audience, program and infrastructure. The Intern will be tasked with researching and compiling a list of prospective foundation, government (federal, state, city), and corporate grant opportunities, using the provided resources which include subscription services, general research on the Internet and by maximizing our database. Working closely with the Development Manager and our outside Development Consultant, the Intern will identify prospective funders with interests that match a particular program, exhibition, or initiative at the Cleveland Print Room, as well as identifying potential operating support prospects; will craft a cultivation plan with the help of CPR staff; and will create Letters of Intent (LOI) targeted to the foundation, sponsor or funders in search of grant applications. Examples of programs the Intern might describe; our Teen Institute Arts Mastery Program, our AIRconnect international artist residency exchange program, our newly-designed local artist-in-residence program at the Cleveland Print Room, soliciting prospects for upcoming exhibitions and growing our membership program. The Intern will also work with CPR to plan a fundraiser. The Intern will accompany the Development Manager out in the field and liaise so as to learn the process.
The Intern will benefit from having the opportunity to engage in a complete project with tangible results -- potentially the successful drafting of a LOI/grant application or new sponsorships. The Intern will be able to use this internship as a resume line item or talking point when applying for future positions. Additionally, the Intern will learn how a six-year-old midsize grassroots organization works to further build on a strong base of giving already in place, looking toward identifying and increasing support as next steps.
The Intern should have an interest and passion in the fundraising field. The position requires a candidate with excellent computer skills, including internet research and PowerPoint proficiency. Attention to detail, the ability to work independently, and willingness and interest in liaising with donors are also required.
- Research and build prospective funders list
- Develop and best practices for recognition program
- Compile various components and draft LOIs
- Research and recommend a membership cultivation plan that supports CPR’s efforts to expand its base
- Serve as an outward facing event person for basic membership promotion
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Cleveland, or live within Cleveland or the boundary established by the Inner Ring Suburbs.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Shari Wilkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.