Please Touch Museum -- Studio Education Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The intern will focus on three areas: Infant through Toddler art experiences; Open studio and process-based art; and Informal art collaborations. The Intern will begin by learning about early childhood education, developmental milestones, and play-based learning that is central to Please Touch Museum’s mission and philosophy. After this, the Intern will apply this knowledge and research into developing and testing out programs in the three areas of focus. To gain a full understanding of the audience and programming developed for this audience at PTM, the intern will shadow educators and spend a portion of the summer assisting educators with program implementation.
This will benefit the intern by giving them hands-on experience working with young children and their caregivers and creating arts programming in an informal setting.
-Experience working with and/or enthusiasm for working with young children and their caregivers.
- Ability to multi-task in a space
- Enjoy working with others, individually, and with the public
- Comfort with speaking in front of a group
- A motivated, thoughtful risk taker
- Strong research and writing skills
- An interest in art, art education, and teaching is important.
- Working in a classroom setting and helping to facilitate art activities
- Read about and conduct research on the existing education program at the PTM, and come up with a series of recommendations to improve it
- Develop and test out new educational programs throughout the summer
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Philadelphia, or live in Philadelphia.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Danielle Defassio at email@example.com.