Please Touch Museum -- Education Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The intern will focus primarily on an upcoming exhibition titled, America – Zanzibar: Muslim Cultures Near and Far. The intern will begin by learning about early childhood education and play-based learning central to Please Touch Museum’s mission and philosophy, and will then begin work on research America – Zanzibar. The main focus will be to work on educational resources and lesson plans for this exhibit, including a school tour, self-guided gallery visit, and research materials to be used by all staff. In order to gain a full understanding of the audience and programming developed for this audience at PTM, the intern will shadow educators and spend a portion of the summer assisting educators with program implementation.
Skills: The Intern should have some experience with young children, and enthusiasm for working with the public, particularly early learners and their caregivers. The intern will also need to be a motivated individual capable of working independently and with a group. An interest in education and teaching will be important, as well as research and writing skills. Applicants should be comfortable speaking publicly with groups.
- Working in a classroom setting and helping to facilitate art activities
- Read about and conduct research on the existing A-Z exhibit at the PTM, and come up with a series of recommendations to improve it
- Adapt PTM's family education guide, and come up with recommendations for improvements
This position pays $12/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $580 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Philadelphia, or live in Philadelphia.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2018 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Natalie Tahsler at firstname.lastname@example.org.