Please Touch Museum -- Collections Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Intern's project this summer will be two-fold. First, the Intern will work with collections management and data research to analyze and annotate objects in the Please Touch Museum's collection; second, the Intern will work on researching and interpreting objects in the collection to understand how they can be used in an exhibition layout. Interns will be asked to work on their own to review collections and the PTM's Past Perfect database. The Intern will ensure that object data is clear and that objects are logged correctly, and objects are in their proper designated locations. Additionally, the Intern will be asked to use photography and hi-res scanning for further documentation of objects.
- Reviewing and cataloguing PTM's collections
- Researching content pertaining to the collection, and making recommendations for new exhibition case layouts
- Writing interpretive labels for next exhibitions
This position pays $12/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $580 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Philadelphia, or live in Philadelphia.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form. Note: you must make note of which position you're applying to in the application.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email at the bottom of each position description with the subject "Arts Intern 2018 Approved Application"
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Polly McKenna-Cress at email@example.com.