Providence Children's Museum -- Creativity Initiative Studio Arts Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Creativity Initiative Studio Arts intern will collaborate with staff in the exhibits and education departments to assist in the development, prototyping and evaluation of new exhibit components and programs designed to engage visitors in imaginative play and creative exploration. The Intern will receive training in play theory, designing to support play, facilitation of play experiences, and evaluation of programs and exhibits.
The Intern would ideally have art and/or art education background and experience in early childhood and/or elementary education. Additional skills desired would be ability to speak another language, especially a proficiency in Spanish and/or American Sign Language; a demonstrated interest in community engagement; and an interest in studying the ways people learn in varied museum environments. Expectations that the intern be resourceful, reliable and thorough in their work, and have good written and oral communication skills.
- Learning about play theory and working with staff to design exhibitions that meet agreed upon standards
- Prototyping new exhibitions and activities that engage visitors in imaginative play
- Working with staff to review implementation of new exhibitions, and work to revise and edit them
This position pays $12/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $580 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college or live within a 35 mile radius of Providence, in the state of Rhode Island.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2018 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Maureen Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org.