Paley Center -- Curatorial Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Arts Intern will support the Curatorial Department at the Paley Center for Media. They will be tasked with brainstorming, designing, and executing an original animation for PaleyMatters — the Paley Center’s online publication featuring content written and curated by our programming staff that examines contemporary media issues with a historical bent. Working closely with the Curatorial and Technical teams at the Paley Center, the Intern will research competing media publication and/or blogs that use animation in service of compelling story telling. They will also meet with the Paley Center’s programming staff to gain an intimate understanding of our mission, priorities, and major initiatives.
Following the research period, the Intern will partner with their supervisor to brainstorm five potential topics for the animation — we envision the animation as focusing on factoids about millennial-favored television shows that could then be storyboarded and turned into a short animation. The Intern will be given the opportunity to develop unique ideas drawing on their knowledge and creativity.
- Conceptualizing and drafting a storyboard for a short animation on a current television series
- Working with Curatorial and Technical teams to develop an animation to be released in the PaleyMatters online publication
- Learn about the inner workings of a cultural organization such as the Paley Center
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in New York City, or live in New York City.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to David Bushman at email@example.com.