The Noguchi Museum -- Education Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Arts Intern at The Noguchi Museum will develop a holistic understanding of museum teen programs by assisting the Museum’s summer teen art-making program, Making Your Mark (MYM), organizing and summarizing documentation on previous MYM sessions, and completing research assignments.
The intern will gain teaching experience assisting the lead educator for MYM. As well, the intern will be exposed to the transformative nature of museum teen programs, and its positive impact on teen audiences. Lastly, the intern will contribute research on current trends with NYC teens and in museum teen programming, collecting helpful information for developing future programs at The Noguchi Museum.
- Assist the Noguchi Museum’s summer teen program, Making Your Mark (MYM), and develop teaching skills
- Research teen programming at other NYC arts organizations to create plans for future teen programming
- Organize documentation from previous MYM sessions
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in New York City, or live in New York City.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Sejin Park at firstname.lastname@example.org.