The Morgan Conservatory -- Membership and Development Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The 2019 Arts Intern will assist the Morgan's Development Coordinator with redesigning and programming the Morgan's membership program. The Morgan established a membership program in 2013 to provide open studio, store, and workshop discounts to working artists, as well as an engaging way for patrons to support the Morgan. In 2018, the Morgan noticed a steady decrease in membership. In response, the Morgan recalibrated some of the program's pricing to include senior levels and tweaked benefits to increase appeal to working artists with hopes of attracting new and lapsed members. In July of 2018, the Morgan also implemented a Customer Relationship System to track and manage member lapse and renewals, which replaced a complex system of spreadsheets. Now with a streamlined tracking process, Morgan staff has been focusing on renewing member engagement. With Artist Residencies, studio workshops, and a gallery schedule in full swing, summer is an especially exciting time at the Morgan that offers many opportunities to engage and grow the Morgan's community of 230 members.
- Redesign the Morgan Conservatory membership program
- Develop systems to re-engage the Morgan Conservatory’s membership base
- Work with the Development Coordinator to implement new systems to drive visitor engagement and contributions
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Cleveland, or live within Cleveland or the boundary established by the Inner Ring Suburbs.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Tasmin Andres at firstname.lastname@example.org.