MIT List Visual Arts Center -- Marketing and Program Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Intern will work closely with Public Relations, the Marketing Coordinator, the Campus and Public Program Coordinator, and Curators and help with developing, implementing, and supporting a wide variety of programs, archival research, and communication strategies to support student outreach related to the Student Lending Art program.
Candidates should have a demonstrated interest in art museums, social media, graphic design, and communications. Experience with Photoshop and a knowledge of InDesign and Adobe Creative Suite software is required.
- Designing posters, announcements cards, brochures, and signage
- Organize and assist in managing archive of exhibition and program related images for press and websites
- Assist with creating media kits, compiling press clippings, proofing and copyediting press releases, research ideas for social media
- Support and help develop materials around the Student Lending Art Program
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Boston, or live within the boundary established by Route 128 (also known as the 95 loop).
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Mark Linga at firstname.lastname@example.org.