Museum of Fine Arts, Boston -- Art of the Americas Department Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The holdings of one of the MFA's largest permanent collections, the Art of the Americas, represent painting, sculpture, and decorative arts. Curators and staff in the department are responsible for studying, interpreting, maintaining, and augmenting these collections in collaboration with other departments throughout the museum. Responsibilities of department members include selecting, interpreting, and coordinating installations in the permanent collection galleries, organizing special exhibitions, researching the collection, and arranging for loans to other institutions.
This is an excellent professional development opportunity for artists that would like to experience what the administrative side of an art institution entails. This experience will help the intern to broaden their vision on how to comprehend systems organization, as well as file and time management.
- Work on auditing the MFA's collection database
- Work with the Curator to create solutions to the departments current inventory and management systems.
- Learn the details behind Collections Management, and work with Curators to handle art objects, and accession pieces.
This position pays $12/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $580 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Boston, or live within the boundary established by Route 128 (also known as the 95 loop).
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2018 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org