Museum of Fine Arts, Boston -- 3D Design Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The project this summer will be to assist and provide visual renderings that reflect particular design schemes being researched for the renovation of 4 Greek and Roman galleries. It will be a wonderful opportunity to do a deep dive into a display methodology for a specific area of the Museums collection, as well as an opportunity to research best practices for contemporary museum design.
Skills: Ideally the candidate should have training as an architectural designer with a proficiency using CAD programs such as Rhino and Vectorworks as well as an understanding of current VR programs like Unity. Their responsibilities would be the creation and completion of renderings and VR environments.
- Assist designing and provide visual renderings of particular design schemes in the Greek and Roman galleries under redesign
- Work with the MFA Design department on meaningful museum design projects
- Gain experience designing for art galleries in a professional setting
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Boston, or live within the boundary established by Route 128 (also known as the 95 loop).
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to email@example.com