Metal Museum -- Digital Media Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Arts Intern’s main project will be to create an organizational system for all images in our cloud-based file storage system. Additional responsibilities may in editing and processing media; editing website content (particularly event listings, blog posts, and meta tags); drafting social media posts; and updating press contacts in our relationship management system. This internship will provide the student with experience in content creation, sharing, and file management as it relates to strategic marketing goals. Supplemental reading is encouraged. The Library Resource Center will also be available for the intern to familiarize themselves with metalworking in order to better understand the Museum's unique offerings.
• Attention to detail
• File organization skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• eCommerce site expertise (HTML expertise a plus)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media distribution platforms (i.e. Hootsuite)
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop CC
• Prior experience with eTapestry and/or other CRM system a plus
- Create an organizational system for the images on the Metal Museum’s cloud-based storage server
- Edit website content including events, blog posts, and created metadata for these posts
- Gain experience in content creation, social media, website management, and institutional file management
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Memphis, or live in Memphis.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Kim Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org.