Museum of the City of New York -- Corporate Giving Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
This position will be focused on prospecting for corporate support for the Museum. The Intern will assist the Associate Director of Corporate Relations in various prospecting efforts, including events for the newly launched Urban Design Council, identifying and soliciting prospects for upcoming exhibitions, and growing a burgeoning Local Business Membership program. As the Museum has no exhibition fund and fundraises individually for each exhibition, the position will be rooted in prospect research and identification for upcoming exhibitions, as well as identifying potential general operating support prospects. The Intern will also assist the Manager of Corporate Relations in attempting to grow the Museum's sponsorship opportunities. The Intern will provide critical support to the Museum's sole corporate giving employee.
The Intern should have an interest, and preferably familiarity, in the fundraising landscape of New York City as well as the corporate sector, but above all a passion to learn about this field. The position requires a candidate with excellent computer skills, including internet research and PowerPoint proficiency. Attention to detail, the ability to work independently, and willingness and interest in liaising with corporate donors are also required.
- Develop lists of sponsorship prospects
- Create a corporate sponsorship exhibition deck
- Support museum efforts to solicit local business memberships
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in New York City, or live in New York City.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Olivia Cothren at email@example.com.