Harvard Art Museums -- Web Development Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Intern will participate in ongoing web development projects in the Museums. Depending on skill level, this may include workflow design and tooling, making edits and enhancements to our public website and working with our API to build experimental interfaces and visualizations using museum data. The Intern will benefit from exposure to web development in the context of a data-informed arts institution and will produce a collection of code samples and other deliverables. Harvard Art Museums will directly benefit from the Intern's work -- as much as possible, the work produced by the Intern will be integrated into production deployments including our public website.
- Execute web development assignments
- Document work using Basecamp and code comments
- Participate in departmental staff meetings
- Design and implement web designs
This position pays $12/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $580 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Boston, or live within the boundary established by Route 128 (also known as the 95 loop).
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2018 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Ian Callahan at email@example.com.