Harvard Art Museums -- Director's Research Assistant
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
This position will see an Intern working directly with the Director and the Director's office at the Harvard Art Museum to research the role and effect of institutional storytelling, and how that affects visitors emotionally in a museum setting. The research will address questions like: What are we as a museum doing right? What are others doing to portray narratives? How can we improve? How could we make visiting Harvard Art Museums a more moving and connecting experience for our guests? What sort of technology can move us forward in that direction?
This position will provide the opportunity for an intern to work on research, interviewing, writing, multimedia, presentation, and networking skills, both internally in a university environment, and in a wider community. We anticipate this will be a collaborative position; the intern will serve to represent Harvard Art Museums as they meet with and discuss challenges with other like-minded organizations. Harvard Art Museums will steer the direction of the project, based on the skills the selected Intern uses, and will be able to help foster the skills they feel are needed to succeed beyond the program.
- Research the psychology of the museum experience
- Meet staff in several Harvard departments and institutions
- Design a presentation that has both a historical and future-minded scope
- Discuss with the Director and other staff how implementation of changes can come to fruition
This position pays $12/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $580 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Boston, or live within the boundary established by Route 128 (also known as the 95 loop).
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form. Note: you must make note of which position you're applying to in the application.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email at the bottom of each position description with the subject "Arts Intern 2018 Approved Application"
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Edward Bredenberg at email@example.com.