Harvard Art Museums -- Digital Humanities Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Intern will create a digital project to be displayed in the Lightbox Gallery. Skill level and time constraints will determine the technical complexity of the project, but no coding experience is necessary. The purpose of the position is to provide experience for a budding Digital Humanist by exposing them to the intersection of art and technology. The intern should be interested in bringing an outside perspective to engage in creative storytelling using the Harvard Art Museums’ collection. They will demonstrate how technology can impact art using the Lightbox Gallery as a canvas. This will involve researching, editing and writing to form the digital installation. The intern’s collection driven installation will provide HAM with a unique project to display that will engage our visitors.
- Execute web development assignments
- Document work using Basecamp and code comments
- Participate in departmental staff meetings
Please note that Harvard requires pre-employment screening for all incoming employees.
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Boston, or live within the boundary established by Route 128 (also known as the 95 loop).
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Jeff Steward at email@example.com.