Founder's Hall at Girard College -- Marketing and Social Media Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
A current priority of Founder’s Hall as a museum, and Girard College (a residential school for economically disadvantaged children grades 1-12) as its parent institution, is to share history of the school and its founder, Stephen Girard, more broadly and encourage visitors to come on campus and visit the museum at Founder’s Hall. Founder’s Hall is a nationally significant example of Greek Revival architecture that contains outstanding art and historical collections from the 18th-20th centuries documenting the history of both Stephen Girard and the College.
To further this goal, the Marketing/Social Media Intern will create a database of past and current partnership efforts and create a competitive advertising binder. They will also develop the museum’s social media posts for Instagram and Facebook.
- Create a database of Founder’s Hall advertisements
- Promote visitation to Founder’s Hall and Girard College
- Assist with daily museum activities
***To ensure the safety of our students, we require criminal background checks (FBI and Pennsylvania), child abuse clearance, and substance abuse testing of all our applicants offered employment. The student will be working primarily on the second floor of Founder's Hall, and must be comfortable climbing the staircase multiple times a day.***
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Philadelphia, or live in Philadelphia.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2018 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Kathy Haas at firstname.lastname@example.org.