Free Library of Philadelphia -- Graphic Design Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Free Library of Philadelphia Graphics Department is seeking an intern for summer 2018 to assist in the daily operations of a full-service design and communications department providing promotional and campaign materials for the Parkway Central Library and its 54 neighborhood locations. Working within the Free Library brand, the Intern will help create event flyers, social-media and web graphics, and coordinate with our internal print and copy center to ensure accurate and timely delivery of materials. The Intern will also take part in weekly design and production meetings.
The Intern will gain practical experience working in a full-service, in-house design studio, working with our project management software and learning how to prioritize workload. In addition, the Intern will be invited to join regular meetings with the entire Communications team in order to gain perspective of a designer’s role within a larger organization. The Intern will work with their supervisor at the beginning of the summer to pick a larger task to complete throughout the summer that suits their interests as a designer.
Skills: Candidates should possess a solid background in design, strong communication skills, and attention to detail. Working knowledge of Adobe design software (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) is required.
- Working with the Graphics Department to assist in daily design operations for the Free Library
- Come to understand the role of a designer in a non-profit cultural organization
- Work with the Communications team to create necessary output for the organization
This position pays $12/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $580 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Philadelphia, or live in Philadelphia.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2018 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Nathanael Roesch at firstname.lastname@example.org.