Free Library of Philadelphia -- Graphic Design Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Intern will assist with the design and production of an exhibition celebrating the writers Walt Whitman and Herman Melville, to open in early October 2019. In addition to historical information about the artists and their shared thematic concerns, the exhibition will feature work from local artists and authors. The Intern will play a vital role in the production of this expansive exhibition display, learning about these historical figures in order to add dimension and gravitas to their work. Additional design duties may be assigned depending on student interest/ability and in support of library programs in order to round out the intern’s experience.
Skills: Candidates should possess a solid background in design, strong communication skills, and attention to detail. Working knowledge of Adobe design software (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) is required.
- Working with the Graphics Department to assist in daily design operations for the Free Library
- Design elements for an upcoming exhibition on Walt Whitman and Herman Melville
- Conduct research for the exhibition that will aid in the construction and design of the exhibition
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Philadelphia, or live in Philadelphia.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Nathanael Roesch at firstname.lastname@example.org.