Cleveland Museum of Natural History -- Community Engagement Marketing and Graphics Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Intern will be tasked with creating marketing materials for the Museum's Community Engagement initiative. Community Engagement, a newly created area within the Museum, focuses on establishing, building and maintaining relationships with organizations devoted to serving the various and diverse communities of Northeast Ohio, specifically Cleveland, the inner-ring suburbs, and Cuyahoga County. This internship will focus on building materials for the coming year, especially information and visuals needed for the Community Engagement presence on the CMNH.org website. The Community Engagement internship will also identify and build materials that will aid in welcoming visitors during the Museum's special interest days/events. In addition, the Marketing and Communication plan will include a communication timeline, highlight specific activities and Museum programs to promote and design the materials, and compose the copy to support the plan. The Marketing and Communications intern will be expected to research and understand the Museum's collections, mission, and programs, as well as the Museum's strategic plan for 2016-2021.
Skills: The successful candidate will have Marketing or PR experience and experience with visual media, with an emphasis on writing and graphic design/layout. The preferred candidate will have spent a summer or college term working as a Marketing or PR assistant, adding information and visuals to a website and other online layouts and text, or held a similar position. Excellent computer and writing skills, as well as an ability to design or collaborate with a graphic designer to generate the needed print and online materials, is also needed. The candidate will need to have strong communications skills and enjoy working in a small, tight-knit department.
- Draft and create a plan for Marketing and Community Outreach for the CMNH
- Create a calendar of communications deadlines for the upcoming year, as well as invitations to community events
- Write and design text and visuals for the Community Engagement section of CMNH.org
This position pays $12/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $580 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Cleveland, or live within Cleveland or the boundary established by the Inner Ring Suburbs.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Lenora Brown at email@example.com.