Cleveland Museum of Art -- Software Design Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Cleveland Museum of Art is a leader in technology innovation in the museum world and is seeking an intelligent and inspired intern to help our Digital Innovation department achieve its goals. The candidate for this position should be able to take direction as well as be self-sufficient. Ability to clearly articulate obstacles and new solutions is a must. This position offers an exciting and varied way to gain understanding and experience in the innovative use of digital technologies to support and expand a world class museum collection.
The software design intern will assist with analyzing, maintaining, developing, and testing a variety of applications and systems across our ArtLens and internal business application projects. We are looking for a combination of computer science and digital and archival research skills. Applicants should highlight any courses or experiences that required digital and/or archival research.
- Computer Science major or otherwise have strong background in fundamentals of programming and software development.
- Experience conducting digital and/or archival research.
- Experience with multiple mobile (iOS, Android) and desktop/server (Windows, Linux, MacOS) operating systems.
- Proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages:
• Java (Android)
- Assist with analyzing, maintaining, developing, and testing a variety of applications and systems in the ArtLens system
- Develop and redesign the digital games in the ArtLens app
- Work on overall maintenance and improvement of the ArtLens app
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Cleveland, or live within Cleveland or the boundary established by the Inner Ring Suburbs.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Maddie Armitage at email@example.com.