Cleveland Museum of Art -- Design and Video Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The international award-winning ArtLens App is constantly updated with new, exciting multimedia interpretive content. Videos created for ArtLens App include interviews with curators and other professionals that help to provide insight into specific CMA artworks. In this position, the intern will work closely with the Interpretation and Digital/Technology departments to create and edit these videos. We are looking for someone with experience in creative film design who can produce inspiring content in new ways while reinforcing the visitor-centered mission of CMA’s exhibitions. CMA internally produces many exhibition-specific digital interactives to highlight content created or collected by the curatorial and interpretation teams. The Intern will assist in designing for exhibition-related digital interactives and other outward-facing digital experiences such as the CMA’s main website. Interfaces will exemplify the best practices of UX and UI design with an emphasis on inclusive design.
This internship will increase the intern’s knowledge and experience with creating and designing original content for museum exhibitions. This content will be used in ArtLens App, published to CMA’s website, and/or located on-site in CMA’s galleries. The intern will gain understanding about the role of interpretation in exhibitions, including CMA’s own visitor-centered interpretation strategy.
- Work with the Interpretation and Digital Technology departments to create and edit video for the CMA’s ArtLens app
- Assist in designing for exhibition-related digital interactives and other outward-facing digital experiences
- Gain experience in practical UX and UI design in a professional environment
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Cleveland, or live within Cleveland or the boundary established by the Inner Ring Suburbs.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Maddie Armitage at email@example.com.