Cleveland Museum of Art -- Curatorial Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The primary responsibility of the Curatorial Intern will center around the curatorial department’s publication and permanent collection archives. The Intern will engage with various contemporary works of art, observe and reflect audience response to specific objects and draft a digital tour of some aspect of the collection. In this role the intern will be guided through the process of object-based research, and art historical writing for a public audience. The Intern will work with visitor interaction with two recent acquisitions: Anicka Yi’s ‘Washing Away of Wrongs’ and Pierre Huyghe’s ‘Name Announcer’, as well as develop at least one Artlens tour on a topic of your choice and suggest at least two Instagram posts for the CMA’s account related to your research. Additionally, this position will provide the opportunity for an intern to work on administrative assistance for current and future exhibitions. Interns will work closely with department curators to help create research files on artists.
This intern should possess good basic research skills, meticulous organization skills, and curiosity about contemporary art and artists. They should be able to input information carefully into a database and be familiar with online and library research resources and portals.
- Research both upcoming exhibitions and help curators determine necessary information for the exhibitions
- Work with Anicka Yi's 'Washing Away of Wrongs' and Pierre Huyghe's 'Name Announcer' exhibitions.
- Assist Development department and curators in creating funding documents for distribution to potential patrons and supporters.
- Organize didactic schedule document detailing what written copy is needed for the coming Fall exhibition season: marketing copy, didactic copy, website copy, development, publication, etc.
This position pays $12/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $580 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Cleveland, or live within Cleveland or the boundary established by the Inner Ring Suburbs.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2018 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to A. Will Brown at email@example.com.