Cleveland Museum of Art -- Curatorial Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Department of Photography seeks an intern to assist with research, writing, and data input for a group of recent acquisitions, especially works of mid- and late-20th century photojournalism and documentary photography addressing civil rights and social justice issues. The Intern will research historical and journalistic context and write short texts and “quick facts” about individual works for the museum’s ArtLens Online app. They will also research bibliography, provenance, and exhibition history of individual objects, and learn how to prepare and input the data to the museum’s Athena database.
- Research, write about, and catalogue recently acquired works of 20th century photojournalism
- Work with the CMA’s ArtsLens Online catalogue to write quick facts about the catalogued images
- Organize entries and work with the Department of Photography to organize objects in the collection
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Cleveland, or live within Cleveland or the boundary established by the Inner Ring Suburbs.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Barbara Tannenbaum at email@example.com.