Bronx Museum -- Marketing and Social Media Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
Under the guidance of the Community Programs & Marketing Associate, the Social Media & Marketing Intern will conduct research and create social media content for Visitors Services, Rentals, and the Public Programs departments. The intern will assist in taking photos of rental spaces, attend program events to generate social media content, and highlight items in the Museum’s gift shop to promote sales. The intern will also gather program data to create focused content that appeals to a diverse audience as well as special content for target audiences. Additional projects will include conducting research on targeted outreach to local business, hospitals, and arts organizations in the Bronx.
The culminating project will be a collection of short videos, GIFs, snaps, and stories that highlight one or two of the Museum’s public programs, the Museum’s rental spaces, and the local artists represented in the Museum gift shop. Videos and media content will be posted on the Museum’s social media outlets and website. The Social Media & Marketing Intern will gain a thorough overview of programs and departments at the Bronx Museum and a solid understanding of the cross-departmental coordination necessary for creating content in a museum setting.
- Work on the social media presence of the Bronx Museum
- Assist the Marketing and Community Programs Department in multiple capacities
- Design and create GIFs and images that the Bronx Museum will use on social media
This position pays $13/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in New York City, or live in New York City.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2018 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Ayesha Akhtar at firstname.lastname@example.org.