Barnes Foundation -- Collections Management Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The intern will be working with Barnes staff on collections management and care of the collection. This will include a combination of activities which will most likely include the following: data entry and record updating in the collections management database (TMS); digital photography; filing documents related to objects in the collection, loans, and exhibitions; inventory of collection objects; basics of collections care (understanding best practices for environmental monitoring, art handling, and storage and exhibition conditions). These activities will assist the institution with caring for its collection through accurate record keeping. The activities will benefit the student by giving them the opportunity to learn how museums care for their collections.
- Learn proper procedures for art handling within a cultural institution
- Work on inventorying on and offsite collections
- Create digital records of unrecorded physical objects in the collection
This position pays $12/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $580 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Philadelphia, or live in Philadelphia.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Barbara Buckley at email@example.com.