Arts Memphis -- Grants and Initiatives Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Arts Intern will compile a marketing package on each FY20 Operating Support grantee. In particular, they will complete a written story on each grantee, and organize other marketing sources for use throughout the FY20 year. The purpose of this project is to develop marketing efforts arounds our Operating Support grantees and demonstrate the use of grant funds. We are working to tell the stories of our grantees, to provide donors and supporters more information on what our grantees do and the impact they are making on the arts in Memphis. The goal of this marketing effort will be to educate current donors and develop new donors through this storytelling.
ArtsMemphis sustains Memphis’ world-renowned cultural vitality and strengthens local communities through the arts. Each year ArtsMemphis invests about $2.5 million in the Memphis and Shelby County arts sector through 160+ grants to more than 75 organizations and individuals. The Operating Support grant is ArtsMemphis’ cornerstone program, which provides grantees unrestricted funding for a fiscal year.
- Create an marketing package for each Fiscal Year 2020 Operating Support grantee
- Develop experience writing grants in an institutional setting
- Work to tell the story of Arts Memphis to supporters of the organization
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Memphis, or live in Memphis.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Colleen McCartney at email@example.com.