Art House, Inc. -- Marketing Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Intern will learn the importance of engaging social media and marketing materials in expanding the reach of a small arts organization and promoting the awareness of both customers and donors. The Intern will receive real-world experience by developing and implementing a Marketing Campaign to reach the surrounding neighborhood. Art House and the communities that we serve will mutually benefit from additional marketing strategies beyond social media.
The Marketing Intern will work closely with Art House staff to create the campaign that will be launched towards the end of the internship with a door-to-door campaign in Brooklyn Centre and contiguous neighborhoods, while maintaining social media content marketing throughout her/his tenure at Art House. The intern will further develop skills in organization, research, time management, writing, documentation, designing, and communication. Our organization will benefit from the awareness that the new campaign and rich, consistent social media presence will create.
The intern will research demographics, questionnaires, promotional strategies for events and programs, and actions to bring a wider audience to Art House, and how social media can be used to effectively support the campaign. The intern will devise and execute a multi-faceted social media plan, generate and send newsletters to all email subscribers, update progress in a blog for the AH website, edit/upload program/workshop documentation, and analyze survey data from attendee responses. The development of the marketing campaign to expand Art House’s network will also detail a budget for printed advertisements and brochures and for the boosting of posts from Facebook and Twitter.
Skills: The Intern must be dependable, flexible and have an independent work ethic. He/she should be familiar with the various social media platforms, and have basic quantitative/analytical skills that they can apply to Excel or another spreadsheet program. They should have strong organizational, written and interpersonal skills and must absolutely have a positive attitude and eagerness to learn. Experience with graphic design is a plus. Also helpful, is the possibility to work remotely (including access to a computer) and a reliable source of transportation, but not necessary as long as they are familiar with public transportation
- Create new, innovative modes of marketing for Art House
- Focus on print and digital marketing (flyers, postcards, posters, social media, etc.)
- Emphasize contiguous branding standards throughout Art House's marketing materials
This position pays $12/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $580 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Cleveland, or live within Cleveland or the boundary established by the Inner Ring Suburbs.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form. Note: you must make note of which position you're applying to in the application.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email at the bottom of each position description with the subject "Arts Intern 2018 Approved Application"
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Laila Voss at firstname.lastname@example.org.