Art Museum of the University of Memphis -- Exhibitions and Programming Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Intern will be responsible for conducting a survey of how like-sized institutions are making their collection information available to the public and scholars, including data about software, intellectual property concerns, digital asset management systems and data standards. The supervisor will guide the intern in establishing the appropriate questions and reviewing the list of respondents. The Intern will also work to transfer free-text information into the appropriate defined fields. The Intern will also be included in all meetings and production work for upcoming exhibition planning and programming including programming for the Art Shay exhibition for the beginning of the academic year. AMUM has a small staff and office and the intern will be working in the midst of all activities.
- Conduct a survey of how like-sized institutions are making their collection information available
- Work on upcoming exhibitions and Museum programming for the Art Shay exhibition
- Be involved in all day-to-day operations of the AMUM, working alongside the small staff who run the Museum
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Memphis, or live in Memphis.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Jennifer Draffen at email@example.com .