Artists For Humanity -- Art Collections Developer
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
Artists For Humanity (AFH)’s Painting Studio produces paintings year round for exhibitions and potential sales. As the collection and our clientele continues to grow, it has become crucial to continually meet market demands in order to maximize art sales and expand our leasing program. In collaboration with the Exhibitions Manager and Painting Studio Mentors, the intern will research art and interior design trends to inform the creation of a new body of work for the summer collection. Through this process, they will also learn about the creation process and collection management.
This position is ideal for a candidate studying/interested in museum studies or a specialized, relevant subject, such as art history, visual arts, interior design and marketing in the creative industry. The intern should possess strong writing and communication skills. The intern should also be collaborative, creative, a fast learner, self-directed, detailed oriented, and task focused. Proficiency in MS Office and experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign preferred.
- Research AFH's collection and compile data on works
- Research art collection and interior design trends
- Work with Painting Mentors to identify teens for project implementation
- Work to document finished pieces and implemented projects
This position pays $12/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $580 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Boston, or live within the boundary established by Route 128 (also known as the 95 loop).
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2018 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Brenda Leong at email@example.com.