Artists For Humanity -- Exhibitions Assistant
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
In collaboration with the Exhibitions Manager, the intern will coordinate AFH's internal exhibition space. They will be provided dedicated wall spaces to curate select artwork as their project portion of their internship. They will be guided through, from start to finish, the steps involved in the execution of the exhibitions. Additionally, the intern will shadow the Exhibition Manager on various other projects. AFH's teens work longer hours during the summer, which greatly reduces the time for Painting Mentors to assist with exhibitions and art sales' prep work. The intern will provide an invaluable role in filling this gap by assisting the Exhibitions Manager.
This position is ideal for a candidate studying/interested in museum studies or a specialized, relevant subject, such as art history or the visual arts. The intern should possess strong writing and communication skills. The intern should also be collaborative, creative, a fast learner, self-directed, detailed oriented, and task focused. Proficiency in MS Office and experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign preferred.
- Maintaining AFH's digital collections catalogue
- Work with AFH sales managers to promote sales of pieces from AFH's collection
- Curate selection for AFH's 3rd floor gallery
- Archive projects and work to ensure proper gallery implementation
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Boston, or live within the boundary established by Route 128 (also known as the 95 loop).
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Brenda Leong at email@example.com.