Artists Archives of the Western Reserves -- Exhibitions Graphics Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The Exhibitions Graphics Intern will be responsible for designing the catalogue for an upcoming exhibition, Seen Unseen, which opens September 27th, 2019. The Intern will also produce a complete branding for the exhibition including a postcard design and advertisements for various publications. This exhibition highlights the collection of African American artists belonging to Kerry Davis of Atlanta, Georgia; the exhibition will also include regional works by self-identified African American artists. The Intern will be coordinating the writing for the catalogue, coming from a local professional, with the information coming directly from the regional artists and Kerry Davis. The information concerning this exhibition will also be presented on the AAWR website, meaning the intern should have familiarity with digital native text and presentation.
Skills: The Intern needs to have excellent graphic design skills and be familiar with the Adobe Suite. Previous work laying out books, magazines, or catalogues would be extremely helpful. The Intern should also have good writing skills, in order to compile and standardize written information from artists. Applicants should submit a design portfolio along with their resume, cover letter, and transcript. The portfolio should be digital, and in print if possible. Some demonstrable experience with WordPress or similar web software is a plus. PC friendly computer skills required.
- Produce a complete exhibition catalogue for the upcoming Seen Unseen exhibit
- Work with regional artists and collectors to accurately present information about the displaying artists
- Assist AAWR with the preparation for this exciting exhibition
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2019 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Cleveland, or live within Cleveland or the boundary established by the Inner Ring Suburbs.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2019 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Mindy Tousley at email@example.com.