Artists Archives of the Western Reserves -- Collections Management Assistant Intern
Please see instructions on how to apply at the bottom of this page.
As the Collections Management Assistant, the Intern will learn all aspects of managing a collection in a small institution. Using the "New Museum Registration Methods" manual as reference, they will catalogue the various works of art contributed by the agency's archived artists. The Intern will aid the Collection's Registrar in photographing the Reserve's collection, organizing and storing artwork according to best preservation practices, and entering the information into the AAWR Past Perfect electronic database. Interns will also aid in receiving works of art as they are delivered to the facility.
Skills: Candidates should have an interest in art and/or art history and be detail oriented. A commitment to accuracy is desirable, as is the ability to use and manage an electronic database. Applicants should also be knowledgeable in Adobe Photoshop.
- Assist in curating, maintaining, and updating the Archives
- Catalogue works, entering them into a database while evaluating their condition and aesthetic aspects
- Help with gallery installation and the upkeep of specific works
This position pays $12/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $580 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2018 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Cleveland, or live within Cleveland or the boundary established by the Inner Ring Suburbs.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like -- click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you're verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you'd like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, transcript, and recommendations to the email below these instructions with the subject "Arts Intern 2018 Approved Application".
Once you've received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Mindy Tousley at firstname.lastname@example.org.