- Students must be attending a college or university within the five boroughs of New York City, or must be residents of New York City. There will be no exceptions to this requirement.
- Applicants must be enrolled full time, entering their junior or senior year in the fall after the program, as candidates for an undergraduate degree. College graduates are not eligible to participate in the program.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need by submitting appropriate documentation along with their application (see part 3 of the application).
- Accepted interns commit to participate in all group programs offered by the program and complete all 9 weeks of the internship.
- Applicants may be accepted from all areas of undergraduate study and need not have experience in the arts or prior experience.
- Former Arts Interns are not eligible to apply again.
- Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States.
Positions are open until filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
open until filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
How to Apply
Positions for the summer of 2016 are being added each week. Please check back frequently for additional available positions.
Potential interns submit their applications directly to the participating institutions from the list of available positions. Email your complete application with the subject line 'ARTS INTERN' to the appropriate contact person in the position listing. Do NOT submit an application to ARTS Intern!
Applications must include the following: