- Students must be attending a college or university within the five boroughs of New York City, or must be residents of New York City. There will be no exceptions to this requirement.
- Applicants must be enrolled full time, entering their sophomore, junior or senior year as candidates for an undergraduate degree. College graduates are not eligible to participate in the program.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need by submitting appropriate documentation along with their application (see part 3 of the application).
- Accepted interns commit to participate in all group programs offered by the program and complete all 9 weeks of the internship.
- Applicants may be accepted from all areas of undergraduate study and need not have experience in the arts or prior experience.
- Former Arts Interns are not eligible to apply again.
Positions are open until filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
open until filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
How to Apply
Positions for the summer of 2015 will be posted shortly. Please check back for available positions. Those currently listed on the site are from last year, and are provided for informational purposes only.
Potential interns submit their applications directly to the participating institutions from the list of available positions. Email your complete application with the subject line 'ARTS INTERN' to the appropriate contact person in the position listing. Do NOT submit an application to ARTS Intern!
Applications must include the following: